The B & J was originally located along East Oakland Avenue. In 1948 the bar was known as Chris and Rosies. The bar (Chris and Rosie's) was relocated from an area that often flooded back then, little did they know they were moving into a location that would also endure several floods in the years to come.
Bill Johnson and Floyd Bednar bought the bar in 1962 and changed the name to B & J. Bill Johnson continued to own the bar up until 1995 when he sold it to Tim and Patty Ball. During Tim and Patty's 12 years at the Oakland Avenue location, floods interrupted business in 2000 and again in 2004, this time causing them to be closed for about 3 months.
In 2007, Tim and Patty made the decision to bring Pete and Kari Werner into partnership with them. The Balls and Werners decided to relocate the bar to it's current location. With the help of the Downtown Committee, they had an old building renovated. A kitchen was added and it became the B & J Bar and Grill.
In September of 2014, Scott and Terry Fox purchased the establishment and will continue to carry out the quality and excellence the B & J is known for.